- This event has passed.
Morning Prayer – via Zoom
August 9 @ 10:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Sunday, repeating until December 27, 2020
Currently, we gather for worship online through a live and interactive program called Zoom. You can see and hear the other worshippers. The service is composed of simple music, readings from the Bible, an engaging sermon, as well as written prayers, some of which have been prayed by people of faith for centuries.
Sunday Schedule on Zoom:
9:00am – Adult Forum
10:00am – Morning Prayer (Click here for the bulletin).
11:00am – Virtual Coffee Hour
You can join any of these gatherings with this link:
If you are joining via smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer:
- Click on the meeting link now, even though the meeting is Sunday.:
- If you are prompted to download Zoom, follow the instructions given. Smartphone users will be prompted to download the app. Computer users will be prompted to download the software. If you have used Zoom before, you will not need to do this.
- You will be asked to register by giving your name and email address. This is an additional layer of security recommended to prevent meetings from being disrupted. You will only have to do this step once.
- Look for an email confirmation of your registration in your inbox, “St. John’s Sundays Online”. Keep that confirmation email.
- In the confirmation email, look for this line:
“Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: Click Here to Join.”
Click on the words “Click Here to Join.” That is the link you need to use.
- Click the link about 5-10 minutes before the meeting you want to attend. This link is good for every Sunday.
- When prompted, click “join the meeting,” and “join with audio.”
- At this point, you will be in a waiting room, until an usher lets you into the meeting. Turn on your video by clicking on the camera icon, lower left corner of the screen. The audio button is also in the lower left corner.
- If you have questions email email@example.com with your phone number.
If you are using a landline phone or a cellphone to join the gathering:
- Call 1-312-626-6799
- Type in the Meeting ID: 731 398 845 when requested, and press #. Type in 267 081 and press #.
- We will not see you, you will not see those gathered, but you will be heard, and you can hear those gathered, like a conference call or party line.